It’s been several months since I’ve posted, but I figure that the new year is the perfect time to restart.
2011 was a great year, and I am excited about 2012; I think it will be the best yet.
I have a few cooking resolutions for this year, and I would like to update this list as the year goes on. Hopefully I’ll also post the results of my efforts, which leads me to my first resolution:
- Blog more & take more pictures.
- Make croissants (this seems like a great place to start).
- Make hollandaise sauce and master poached eggs.
- Try the Baked brownie recipe. I tried the caramel version from their Baked: Explorations book, and it didn’t really turn out well for me. So I want to try their basic recipe now and see if they turn out better.
- Make homemade vanilla extract.
- Use my cookbooks more.
- Use food from my pantry instead of spending so much on groceries, and wasting food that goes bad.
- Use my crockpot more. Here’s a good inspiration.
- Make doughnuts, using my new doughnut pan!
- Update my blog header and/or template.
I’m sure there will be more to come, but hopefully this will get me started!
Happy New Year to you and yours. What are your resolutions (kitchen-related or otherwise)?